September Is Back To School….
It’s officially time to go back to school where kids will be learning all sorts of new and exciting things. At Stack Electric we would like to share a few electrical safety tips to help ensure you and your children are aware of electrical safety all year long!
- Fly kites away from power lines. If your kite touches a power line you can get a really bad shock!
- Don’t fly drones near power lines. If your drone crashes into a power line it could cause a power outage or knock power lines down to the ground.
- Substations aren’t playgrounds. Don’t go near a substation. If a friend wants to explore, just say, “no”.
- Never climb on transformers in your yard. These boxes cover dangerous electrical connections.
- Don’t climb trees near power lines. You could be hurt if you touch a power line.
- Electricity and water don’t mix. Keep all electrical equipment away from water.
- Never pull on an electrical cord. Pulling the cord could damage it and result in a shock.
- Don’t touch electrical outlets. For safety, use electrical outlet safety plugs to keep little fingers and toys out of outlets.
- Don’t use electrical cords that are damaged. Frayed or worn out cords can be a safety hazard.
- Electric cord dangers. Keep all electrical cords out of traffic areas where you could trip.
Are you concerned about electrical safety in your home? Stack Electric would be happy to perform a whole home electrical safety evaluation.